Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Locking USRP2 to external 10MHz reference in the

From: Johannes Wenzel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Locking USRP2 to external 10MHz reference in the UHD/GRC universe
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:40:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm using a mimo (2x2) USRP2 system. Both of the receiver USRP2 receive a PPS-
and a Clock-Signal provided by one GPS card. In grc I use the uhd_mimo_source
block and two file_sink to receive and save the data sent. After starting RX
the USRP2 mimo system seems to lock to the reference clock and reset the timer
on PPS. Is this true? Or do I have to configure the block to do so? If I test
the data with correlation it fails, which seems to be an indicator that at
least the reference clock is not locked on.

Is the uhd_mimo_source block automatically locked to external reference clock
if used or do I have to configure it?

Thanks

 Johannes.