Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 10 bit samples

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 10 bit samples
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:05:55 +0200

Thank you Thomas (and Marcus)

for the replies. I've been using the 8 bit mode un the USRP1 a while ago for a different application. I was looking for a slightly higher precision.

I did not know that the usrp2 could not do the 8bit sampling. Thanks for the info.

Regards

Vince

2010/8/25 Thomas Tsou <address@hidden>

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Vincenzo Pellegrini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everybody,nd
> Just a very simple question:
> Is it possible to obtain 10 bit samples out of USRP (either 1 or 2) by using
> suitable libusrp primitives / parameters?

No. But you can produce 8-bit samples on the USRP1 by appropriately
setting the FR_RX_FORMAT register. You can set it through the standard
interface. This option is not available on the USRP2.

 Thomas

--
Vincenzo Pellegrini
http://www.youtube.com/user/wwvince1