Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Warning in usrp_benchmark_usb.py

From: Mark J. Blair
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Warning in usrp_benchmark_usb.py
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:38:26 -0700

On Aug 30, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Federico Battaglia wrote:
> in testing the USRP I came across several warnings. Can someone tell me what
> they mean and if they are irrelevant?
[...]
> @ubuntu:/usr/share/gnuradio/examples/usrp$ ./usrp_benchmark_usb.py
> Testing 2MB/sec...
> Warning: Treating daughterboard with invalid EEPROM contents as if it were a
> "Basic Tx."
> Warning: This is almost certainly wrong...  Use appropriate burn-*-eeprom
> utility.
>

> Warning: Treating daughterboard with invalid EEPROM contents as if it were a
> "Basic Rx."
> Warning: This is almost certainly wrong...  Use appropriate burn-*-eeprom
> utility.

Those look relevant to me. Each RF daughterboard is supposed to have an EEPROM
(memory chip) whose contents tell the gnuradio software what kind of board is
installed. Your software is complaining that it couldn't identify the installed
daughterboard(s), so their EEPROM(s) may need to be reprogrammed.

There's some discussion of the EEPROMs here that might be helpful:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UsrpFAQDBoards

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <address@hidden>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/