[Discuss-gnuradio] Using FPGA registers with custom Verilog code

From: Balijepalli, Arvind
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using FPGA registers with custom Verilog code
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:41:13 -0400

I am running a custom feedback controller on the USRP1. So far I have been
content with hard coding parameters of the controller and re-synthesizing the
Verilog as needed. However I would like to explore using the FPGA registers to
set some parameter values using the python function _write_fpga_reg(....).

What is the best way to go about setting up the Verilog to do this? After
looking at the usrp_std.v top level module, I included and setup the serial_io
and io_pins modules in my code and then used setting_reg to read the register
values. When I do this, the code synthesizes fine but does not produce any
output. Are there other modules that serial_io and io_pins depend on? Or am I
going about this the wrong way?

Thanks!