Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC's graphical sinks performance issues

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC's graphical sinks performance issues
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:56:42 +0200

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/02/2010 11:39 AM, Matt Ettus wrote:
>>

>> If you have unaccelerated OpenGL, then the OpenGL version will be
>> unacceptably slow.
>>
>> Matt
>>
> Any idea how you *tell* if your OpenGL is accelerated or not?

I know several ways that work for me:
Try executing glxinfo or glxgears. I can only execute them if I have
3D acceleration enabled.
If you are using Gnome desktop or something similar, you can try to
enable "Desktop effects" - they wont work either without 3d
acceleration.
With ATI and Nvidia based cards it is rather easy to tell because 3D
acceleration is only available with the proprietary drivers and you
can not (or should not be able to) install them by accident. They also
provide some configuration and diagnostic tools that should be
accessible from the menus.

Alex