Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2, is that possible to skip the Ethernet and

From: Malihe Ahmadi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2, is that possible to skip the Ethernet and pass data through general purpose (physically accessible) inputs to the FPGA?
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:11:53 -0600

Hi MArcus,
Assuming I want to use Ethernet, let's say I want to send the stream '0100001', and I pick DBPSK as the modulation. can you please explain what is the relation of the DBPSK modulated data and "GMII_RXD" input to the FPGA or "sample" input to the dsp_core_tx? is that FPGA receives 8 bits per symbol sent over Ethernet? Also, can I get those occasional programming instructions you mentioned to be hard-coded (for example changing the firmware so that it uses some default values instead of passing those values through GiGe) if I am interested in removing Ethernet and using debug bus to pass stream of data to the FPGA?
Thanks,
Malihe