Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross correlation of complex signals in gnuradio

From: Kunal Kandekar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross correlation of complex signals in gnuradio
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 20:56:46 -0400

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/06/2010 06:17 PM, John Andrews wrote:
>
> hi,
> I want to cross-correlate two complex signals in gnuradio. is there a block
> to do that?
> Thanks

> Something other than a complex multiply?
>
> That's what I do for my simple, correlating, interferometer.  Just multiple
> the two signals together.

Not a native block, as such, but you'll find a good python
implementation in correlator.py here (I hope Martin Dvh doesn't mind
posting a link to a directory in his website here...):
http://www.olifantasia.com/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/passive_radar/

Comments have some documentation, but it basically does frequency
domain correlation (the FFT * conj of FFT-> IFFT thing) and works with
complex signals. I've played with it a bit and it seems to work pretty
well.

Kunal