Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] find_usrps only succeed when an sniffer is ON

From: Jason Abele
Subject: Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] find_usrps only succeed when an sniffer is ON
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 12:29:06 -0700

> Furthermore there were no errors during the installation of the
> software (via package manager).I run out of ideas....any suggestion?

Are you certain that Network Manager is not interfering with the state
of your ethernet interface?  The default config likes to enable and
disable the interface each time the link goes away (ie, power up and
power down of the USRP2) ... perhaps the sniffer is having some
influence on this behavior from Network Manager

Also, be certain you are using no switches, hubs or anything else
between the host PC and USRP2.

Jason