[Discuss-gnuradio] EVENT_CODE_SEQ_ERROR_IN_BURST (was re: UHD host resou

From: Marc Epard
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] EVENT_CODE_SEQ_ERROR_IN_BURST (was re: UHD host resources and system suggestions)
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:33:21 -0500

On Sep 7, 2010, at 1:10 PM, Marc Epard wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2010, at 11:46 AM, Josh Blum wrote:
>
>> sequence errors are not normal, something may be wrong with the fpga image.
>> we are trying to duplicate it out over here -josh
>
> Thanks, Josh. If it's helpful, you'll find the source to my app at
> <https://public.me.com/mepard>.

I discovered that my event counters were overstating the event counts (adding
each enum's value instead of 1, D'oh!), but I'm still getting
EVENT_CODE_SEQ_ERROR_IN_BURST events fairly often. I've modified the
tx_waveforms.cpp example to count async events. You can get the source at
<https://public.me.com/mepard>.

It's showing about a rate of around 1.5 EVENT_CODE_SEQ_ERROR_IN_BURST events
per 100 packets at 25 Msps. Is that rate expected? I think I can work around it
for my current purposes , but I haven't done it yet.

-Marc