Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] wxWidgets, wxPython, PyOpenGL and OpenGLContext

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] wxWidgets, wxPython, PyOpenGL and OpenGLContext
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:10:20 +0200

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Elvis Dowson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
       Between wxWidgets-2.8 and wxWidgets-2.9, there are some breaking changes with the way the OpenGL rendering contexts are handled. You can see the difference in the samples/opengl/cube example in the wxWidgets-2.8.11 and wxWidgets-2.9.2 svn repo.

I just have a quick quesion which is, where in gr-wxgui are the calls to wxGLCanvas made?

The GL versions of gr-wxgui don't work with wxWidgets-2.9.2 (64-bit cocoa), due to the changes in the way OpenGL rendering contexts are handled in wxWidgets-2.9.2

Would anyone happen to know which file in the gnuradio code base sets the OpenGL rendering contexts, for the wxWidgets GUIs?

I think it happens in gr-wxgui/src/python/plotter/plotter_base.py
The inheritance looks like this (for fftsink2):
fftsink2 -> fftsink_gl -> fft_window -> channel_plotter -> grid_plotter -> plotter_base

Alex