Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] s/Eric/Tom/g

From: Harald Welte
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] s/Eric/Tom/g
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:10:16 +0200

Hi Eric,

I know it's one of hundreds of similar messages.  Still, since I've had
the pleasure of meeting you a couple of times, I thought a personal note
would be appropriate.

Thanks a lot for starting and leading the gnuradio project.  It has been
an inspiration for many people living outside the classic software radio
industry to venture into SDR.  You have made a highly specialized field of
engineering more accessible to the general public.

Last but not least, without gnuradio, we wouldn't have seen the same amount of
research in RFID, GSM and other wireless communications systems - the subject I
happen to personally care most about.

Whatever the new fronteers might be for which you're now heading, all the best!

You have definitely earned your rightful place in the unwritten history books
on Free Software.

Regards,
        Harald
--