[Discuss-gnuradio] Link Improvement via Feedback

From: Daniel Ali
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Link Improvement via Feedback
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:49:03 -0400

Hello all,

We're interested in using USRP2s and GNURadio for a wireless link, and adding a cognitive engine to it to improve link performance (PHY only).

Currently, we are using benchmark_rx.py and benchmark_tx.py (from digital folder). Each USRP is connected to a seperate laptop via Ethernet.

We can change knobs (eg: transmit power) at the transmit side (Node1) now during transmission. We are working on getting meter values (metrics such as SNR, BER, RSSI, etc.) from the receiver (Node2) and then passing them back to Node1.

We've noticed that there is digital-ber rx scripts, can this be used with the digital/benchmark_tx.py in order to transfer a file? We did not see support for a specified file in the digital-bert/benchmark_tx.py script.

What kind of set-up have people used for Cognitive radio feedback? If anyone has done this before and has suggestions, please let us know! Thanks in advance.

--
Daniel Ali
Graduate Student