Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Full-duplex WBX

From: Jason Abele
Subject: Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Full-duplex WBX
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 07:52:22 -0700

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:46 AM, SergeNJ <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I want use one Antenna  for RX-TX on WBX ?
> I tried RXTX input and it have  a lot less level on RX than RX2 ... in
> software i choose TXRX  but  always better level on RX2
> why?

Serge,

That should not be the case, but it is always possible there is a bug.
 Can you give me a little more information to help track it down

Which version of GNUradio are you using?

USRP or USRP2?

If USRP2, which firmware (UHD, Raw Ethernet)? Which firmware version?

Are you sure you are not transmitting at the same time as receiving?
The antenna select logic will always connect the transmitter to TX/RX
port if you are transmitting, which means the receiver will see less
loss at the RX2 port

How are you supplying the antenna selection option (command line
option to usrp_fft.py, constructor argument, calling set_antenna
during streaming)?

Jason