Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450: Switch between sending/receiving mode

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450: Switch between sending/receiving mode
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:38:53 -0700

So my problem is the switching between sending and receiving modes. How
do I switch back to "receiving" mode after sending the data? Is it
possible to do this automatically with the ATR controller? If yes, how
do I have to setup the ATR registers? The values are handled outside the
fpga (if I understood that right) and so I don't know the meaning of
these values.

The ATR registers control the state of all 32 GPIO pins. There are 4 ATR states idle, rx, tx, and both. By setting these registers correctly, you can get GPIOS and hence, the antennas to switch when the ATR state in the FPGA changes.

For inspiration: this is the usrp2-gnuradio xcvr firmware where the atr controls the antenna: http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/tree/usrp2/firmware/lib/db_xcvr2450.c#n310

Here is the host-based UHD implementation: http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/repository/revisions/master/entry/host/lib/usrp/dboard/db_xcvr2450.cpp#L229

And some app notes if helpful:
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/dboards.html#xcvr-2450