Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on ARM

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on ARM
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 03:41:48 +0400

Hi Steve,

On Oct 9, 2010, at 3:05 AM, Steve Mcmahon wrote:

> Has anyone compiled and run GNU Radio 3.3.0 on an ARM processor?? I would
> like
> to get it running on a Gumstix Overo Water, which uses a TI OMAP 3530, which
> contains an ARM Cortex A8 CPU, and runs OpenEmbedded. Any help is very much
> appreciated. Thanks.

Philip Balister has done some work running parts of GNU radio on the
BeagleBoard, which is compatible with the Gumstix Overo.

I myself have an Overo Fire, and a Chestnut43 board (which has wired 100mbps
ethernet interface). So it could can be hooked up to a USRP2.

I think it should be feasible to at least compile parts of gnuradio core, to
run on the overo first and creating a dial-tone first, using an openembedded
recipe.

What application do you plan to run on the Overo? This is to determine how much
of GNU Radio would have to be ported to run on the Overo.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson