Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Costas parameter in DPSK2 grc block not in .py?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Costas parameter in DPSK2 grc block not in .py?
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:00:08 -0400

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
> diff attached
>
> It looks like the guts of the dqpsk2 demod changed but the grc file was not
> updated. I vote for keeping the grc files with the python/c++ source.
>
> -Josh

There's an argument to be made for this. It'll go into the thinking
about the refactoring of the code.

There is also the concept of using SWIG's XML output for the GRC
files. I've only played around a bit with them, but it's something to
look into if you haven't already. It looks like it captures _most_ of
the information about the blocks that is exposed in the GRC xml files.
It's fairly expressive output, so we'd have to see if it actually
covers everything necessary for GRC to use with updated parsing.

Have you already looked at, and dismissed, this, Josh?

Tom