Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] shmat issue

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] shmat issue
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:51:00 -0700

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 08:34:40PM -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
> I'm seeing this issue on my omap3 install with the dialtone flowgraph:
>
> # python /usr/share/gnuradio/examples/audio/dial_tone.py
>

> gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not available
>
> gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmat (3): Invalid argument
>
> l# python /usr/share/gnuradio/examples/audio/dial_tone.py

>From $ man shmat

  EINVAL Invalid shmid value, unaligned (i.e., not page-aligned and SHM_RND
was  not  speci-
         fied) or invalid shmaddr value, or can’t attach segment at shmaddr, or
SHM_REMAP was
         specified and shmaddr was NULL.

> In both cases I can hear the dial tone fine. I'm curious why I get
> the shmat error the first time only.

You should see it only once ever, if the program can write to
~/.gnuradio/prefs.  Generally this gets written during "make check".

Does "make check" work?

Why are you running as root?

> It looks like gnuradio falls
> back to another method of creating the shared segment.

Yes it does.

> I'd like to resolve the shmat issue though,

Set a breakpoint with gdb, or add printfs.

> because I am also trying to run the kalibrate program and have the
> same shmat issue there, but it does not have a fall back method.

Eric