[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on multiple outputs and produce()

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on multiple outputs and produce()
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:06:26 +0200

Hi list,

Since the API for gr_blocks with multiple outputs was changed a bit with
version 3.3.0, I have a couple of questions.

1) The return value for general_work() is no longer relevant for the
number of produced output items. Does this eliminate the need to produce
all output values at the same rate?

2) If I still want to (or have to) produce all output items at the same
rate, wouldn't it be great to have a produce_all() member function,
analogous to consume_all()? Is it just waiting to be patched in, or if
not, what's the rationale for not including it?

3) If it's possible to produce output at different rates, how does
forecast() work? IIUC, forecast() returns the number of input items on
every input stream to produce noutput_items output items. But for which
output stream is this valid?
On a similar note, what meaning does noutput_items in general_work() have?

Hmm...
MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)