Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of using UHD blocks as Tx & Rx

From: Hongliang Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of using UHD blocks as Tx & Rx
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:15:53 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jason and Josh,

Thanks very much for your reply. I followed your instructions and use the
UHD MIMO  Sink and Source again. They should be synchronised now.

First, I transmitted a constant and observe the received signal. The
following figure  is my flow graph of GRC:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30086842/FlowGraph.jpg

But I got the received signal with large fluctuation (I observe the received
signal in a long time period window):
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30086842/Result1.jpg
The fluctuation increased when I increased the amplitude of the transmitted
signal.

Then I made a test for transmitting a 10K Hz sine wave

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30086842/FlowGraph2.jpg

The result seems better :
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30086842/Result2.jpg
However, if I watch the received signal in real time, I can still find the
slight vibration of the period of the signal wave.

I used a signal generator and a spliter to provide two identical 100MHz ref.
clocks for the boards.
In my opinion, the results may imply that there are still frequency
difference between transmitter and receiver. And this frequency difference
is a random value which may goes from -100 to 100 Hz.

May I have your understandings of the results? Would you mind to provide me
with some ideas or suggestions about them?

Best wishes,
Hongliang