Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio build on cygwin failed with usrp

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio build on cygwin failed with usrp
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:50:20 -0400

Kyle Zhou wrote:

Updated git repository on my cygwin(1.7.7-1)+winxp box this weekend and tried
rebuild gnuradio
./configure reported usrp is not to be built due to not able to detect libusb
I do have libusb-win32 0.1.12.2-1 in cygwin
Looked at the config.log, I found it insists on checking pkgconfig file libusb.pc,
which does not exist.
I manually created that file. Then it goes a bit further.
[...]
configure:25136: checking libusb for symbol usb_debug in library usb
configure:25150: gcc -o conftest.exe -I/usr/include conftest.c -lusb >&5 /tmp/ccaJXA3I.o:conftest.c:(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `_usb_debug'

It appears that this was broken (for Cygwin) in the latest git commit (ddbb914d) of config/usrp_libusb.m4. My copy of libusb-win32 0.1.12.2-1 does not have the symbol usb_debug in either the .h file or the shared library.

Could someone review the change to usrp_libusb.m4 and see if it could be made to function again under Cygwin? Or explain why the change was made so someone else (like me?) can suggest an alternative?

In the meanwhile you can work around the problem by modifying config/usrp_libusb.m4 to omit the check for usb_debug then rerunning ./bootstrap.

-- Don W.