Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC problem: window turns grey after executed

From: Markus Heller M.A. (relix GmbH)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC problem: window turns grey after executed
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:18:15 +0100

Hi Rachel, this looks like a system overload. The source generates too
much data so that the cpu will not leave any cycles for the rest of the
application.

In the category "misc" there's a block called "throttle". Use it before
the FFT block. It will reduce the number of samples that will go into
the FFT. So the FFT function has less work.

I also recently got involved with gnuradio the first time. Have a look
here:

http://www.csun.edu/~skatz/katzpage/sdr_project/sdr/grc_tutorial1.pdf
      * http://www.csun.edu/~skatz/katzpage/sdr_project/sdr/grc_tutorial2.pdf
      * http://www.csun.edu/~skatz/katzpage/sdr_project/sdr/grc_tutorial3.pdf
      * http://www.csun.edu/~skatz/katzpage/sdr_project/sdr/grc_tutorial4.pdf
      *

This is a fantastic tutorial that should help you around these hurdles.

BR
Markus
dl8rds