Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Add parameters to a C++ function

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Add parameters to a C++ function
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 01:10:51 -0800

On 11/08/2010 12:46 AM, Daniel Dekst wrote:
Hi, all,

I want to get the subcarrier SNR averaged across the whole packet. So
I want to trigger the calculation in gr_ofdm_frame_acquisition.cc
from gr_ofdm_frame_sink.cc where the packet header is examined to be
correct or not.

To achieve this, I add one parameter to the construction of
gr_ofdm_frame_sink, a pointer pointing to the instance of
gr_ofdm_frame_acquistion so that I can access functions in the
gr_ofdm_frame_acquisition.

However, I got error File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_general.py",
line 7039, in ofdm_frame_sink return
_gnuradio_swig_py_general.ofdm_frame_sink(*args, **kwargs) TypeError:
ofdm_frame_sink() takes at most 8 arguments (9 given)

I have changed the gr_ofdm_frame_sink.cc/h to be able to hold 9
arguments. Why does _gnuradio_swig_py_general still report it can
only take 8 arguments? What should I modify?

Find the swig .i file for this block and see if there is a function signature that needs to be changed. Many of the swig files have copies of the header files so you need to make changes in both places. If thats not the case, its probably just an issue of rebuilding and installing the part of the build tree with the ofdm swig wrapper stuff.

-josh