Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Problem...usrp2 no control response

From: Justin Bracken
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Problem...usrp2 no control response
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:04:15 -0500

@Josh:I only tried the single blocks on recieve. I hadn't gotten far enough to try other blocks. I ll try transmit on monday. It seems to track the 2nd usrp2. As far as the build goes I didn't build it myself. A friend did it for me Ill have to ask him which he built. I know theres flow control. But theres flow control with pause frames and flow control in what was termed a host side solution. What is the latest available? I think it was built last week so he probably grabbed what was latest and greatest then. Same with the images.

@Marcus: I ll admit im still a hack when it comes to computers. Im running Ubuntu. I was able to ping the usrp2s. Is there something higher up that they should respond to? I know windows has tracert. I think ubuntu does. But I m not sure what other testing I can do between ping and using them in GRC. Suggestion are welcome and much appreciated.

@all:Thanks very much for the help!

I do need channel alignment. I understand that the pps sets a zero time and the 10MHz sets the time spacing. So if Im concearned about phase between the two channels then I only need the 10mhz. Since if I understand it correctly the channels start with a random relative zero but it stays consistent as long as the devices are powered on.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/12/2010 07:14 PM, Josh Blum wrote:
> The no control response might mean the pause frames are messing up the
> control packets. Does this happen in a receive only application?
>
> One way to alleviate this would be to run the flow control branch and
> images. See the flow control branch on the UHD repo. and images are
> here: http://www.ettus.com/downloads/uhd_images/
>
> The purpose of the multi source block is to handle channel alignment.
> If you dont require this, multiple single source blocks will work as
> well.
>
> -Josh
The other possibility is that the routing/addressing isn't setup
correctly on his host, and thus
 packets for the 2nd USRP2 are heading out the wrong interface.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium