[Discuss-gnuradio] problem with simple test of USRP2+WBX

From: Steve Mcmahon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with simple test of USRP2+WBX
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:13:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello:

I'm stuck, and I need some help.

I'm running GNU Radio 3.3.0 on openSUSE 11.2. I have two USRP2 boards, each
with a WBX daughterboard, connected to two Intel PRO/1000 GT NICs, on eth1 and
eth2. I'm using the "txrx_wbx_raw_eth_20100608.bin" firmware, not the
from-the-factory firmware. I made a simple flowgraph which connects an FFT
window to a USRP2 Source, tuned to 900 MHz at a sample rate of 3.125 MHz
(decimation factor 32). I input a 901 MHz sine from an HP signal generator into
the TX/RX connector on the WBX daughterboard. When I run the flowgraph with the
USRP2 Source set to eth1 (for the first USRP2), it runs fine, and I see a nice
clear tall spike in the FFT at 1 MHz. However, when I set the USRP2 Source to
eth2 (for the second USRP2) and re-run the flowgraph, I get a spike at 901 MHz
that is barely noticeable and greatly attenuated. What's going wrong here? I
used that second USRP2 a few weeks ago with a different daughterboard and it
ran fine, so I don't think that USRP2 is bad.
 Is there something wrong with the WBX daughterboard? Am I doing something
wrong in GRC? Any ideas?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks a lot!!

Steve McMahon