Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] books about GNU Radio

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] books about GNU Radio
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 13:01:29 -0500

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM, John McKendry <address@hidden> wrote:
> Steve,
>
>  I didn't mean to accuse you or Adi or anyone of intending to violate
> copyright, and I apologize for giving that impression. The Wyglinski
> et al. and Rondeau/Bostian books have apparently been uploaded as pdfs
> to downarchive.com, and that does strike me as a flagrant violation of
> copyright, and since I work with GNU Radio, those authors are
> colleagues even if they've never heard of me. downarchive.com is
> hosted in Viet Nam and may be beyond the realistic reach of copyright
> enforcement, but that's just not the right way to get those books.
>
> John

Thanks, John. I'm watching this thread thinking, "guys, I'm right here!"

Also, Alex Wyglinksi is a pretty good friend of mine, and I'm glad
people are finding the material useful enough to pirate it. Just word
on my book. It's not meant to properly introduce how to use GNU Radio;
I just used GNU Radio as the basis of the experiments and examples
that were covered in the book. The GNU Radio parts of the book will
probably be more useful to an advanced user and not as beginner
material.

Not that that should stop you from buying it... ;-)

Tom