[Discuss-gnuradio] Sample rate vs. symbol time issue & E100 "Flexible Cl

From: bob beckwith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sample rate vs. symbol time issue & E100 "Flexible Clocking" (more info please)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:00:03 -0800 (PST)

I'm currently confronted with a sample rate vs. symbol time issue.

I noticed that the E100 announcement mentioned a "flexible clocking" feature to deal with exactly this type of thing. I've been looking on the Ettus site for more information, but haven't been able to locate any.

Is there any more info to be had here?

Also, will the N210 incorporate this feature?

And on a different but related front, sample rate wise it looks like the Crystek CVHD-950-122.880 would be a good candidate for use as a replacement oscillator on the USRP2. Has anyone had any luck with this part? Any timing issues I should be aware of? It looks as though the clock generator chip shouldn't have a problem with it.

Thanks much,

  --Bob