[Discuss-gnuradio] N210 8-bit mode and WBX bandwidth

From: Blair Strang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] N210 8-bit mode and WBX bandwidth
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:22:28 +1300

Hi all,

Two related questions:

1) In the datasheet for the N210, the specifications state 50Mhz
instantaneous bandwidth in 8-bit mode.  I was looking at
otw_type.width in the UHD and I can't see an 8 bit mode there.  Is
8-bit mode implemented in the fpga/firmware/driver for N210?  If not,
roughly how far ahead in the roadmap would it be?   I apologise if
this is a FAQ.

2) The WBX has a fixed filter; I can see in the UHD an indication it's
fixed at 40Mhz.  Would it be hard to modify the daughterboard to
provide 50Mhz of bandwidth?

Thanks and regards,

   Blair.