Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using one USRP

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using one USRP
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 02:59:24 -0800 (PST)

Michael Dickens-3 wrote:

> Hi Raj - Alice Crohas' MS thesis sounds similar to yours.  She used 2
> USRP1's, one doing RX-audio, and the other doing the RX-sample and the
> TX-audio.  We discussed trying to do simultaneous RX/TX using the same
> daughtercard on a given USRP, or different daughtercards on the same
> USRP, but decided against either for various reasons.  Her eventual
> setup used just two USRPs: two antennas and two daughtercards -- one
> each per USRP.  The RX-audio was not smooth (it had gaps where the TX-
> audio was stopped to do RX-sample), but listening was not unpleasant;
> with a little added buffering on RX, she could have made the RX-audio
> smooth (but added in a small latency to the transmission, which for
> the purposes of what she was doing would have been just fine) -- this
> wasn't necessary for the MS, but it would have been nice for our
> demos.  Good luck on your projects. - MLD

regarding the thesis by Alice Crohas, in page 32. do anyone know how she
manage to obtain the ROC graph? how the experiment is done is not really
clear explained.

in spectrum sensing with experimental work, how do we obtain the probability
of false alarm and probability of detection graph? what is the proper method
and how do we plot the ROC curve. thanks.

Adib

-----
Mohd Adib Sarijari
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia