Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] lowest power of the signal that LFRX can capture

From: Przemyslaw Dmochowski
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] lowest power of the signal that LFRX can capture
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:57:04 +0100

Hi,

Look at the schematic of LFRX and change the resistors in the feedback to get 20dB of gain more. Your bandwidth will be limited to about 15MHz  but LFRX will be still usable in the full bandwidth, or you can set lower gain to get more bandwidth if needed.

With my LFRX set to 20dB of gain I can receive HF radio transmissions from 2000 miles away with a 30cm wire as an antenna.

Przemek