[Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)

From: Yulong Yang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 16:40:07 +0800

Hi all,

I have been trying to generate (from a random 0-1 source) and send a
simple QAM signal from one side, receive and save as .dat file in
another.

Then I try to recover the signal I sent in Matlab/Octave. My method is
to first use read_complex_binary() to extract points, and sample 2000 of
them for later use. Then (I assume they are for the time domain) I
convert these 2000 points with abs() and fft().

However, what I plot is completely different from the actual signal I
sent. What exactly dose the .dat data mean? Time domain. or frequency
domain? Could we recover the same signal from this?

I am still very new to gnu radio, and I would appreciate any help. Thank
you.