[Discuss-gnuradio] Audio sink busy / segfaults of WX FFT + WX Waterfall

From: Stefan Gofferje
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio sink busy / segfaults of WX FFT + WX Waterfall
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:29:02 +0300

Hi,

now I finally got grc running and I am trying to get familiar with it again.

I ran into some funny stuff.
First, audio sinks don't work. Device or ressource busy. THAT is kinda weird.
Of course, I have some stuff accessing the audio device but shared access
isn't an issue - normally.

enterprise:~ # fuser -v /dev/snd/pcm*
                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   sgofferj   4486 F...m knotify4
                     sgofferj   4568 F...m amarok
                     root       8976 F...m sd_espeak
                     sgofferj  12180 F...m sd_espeak

Audio out works neither as sgofferj nor as root. Audio in, however, works
fine.

Second issue:
I started with doing very simple stuff to freshen up my understanding of
sources, sinks, etc.
One of the first things I did was taking an audio source (mic) and straightly
feeding it into an FFT, Waterfall and Scope sink. FFT and Waterfall segfault.
Scope works.

Anybody any thoughts on that?
If some developers are reading here, advise me how to create backtraces and I
will be happy to assist with debugging!

-S

--
 (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
 //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263