Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 11:57:48 -0400

Intellectual Property: Many people / companies view the GPL as being
incompatible with IP -- and, whether true or not, this perception is certainly
an issue.  To make progress here, maybe GNU Radio could take Ettus' UHD
dual-license approach, if that is still possible?  I don't know if the FSF (the
copyright owner) would allow such a change; further, even with that change, I
think a separate company would need to be setup to deal with the non-GPL
license.  I think having a less-restrictive license than the GPL would
encourage adoption of GNU Radio in places where IP is an issue. - MLD