[Discuss-gnuradio] Building GNU Radio/GRC on the E100

From: Christopher Dean
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building GNU Radio/GRC on the E100
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:53:26 -0400

Hi All,

I am currently trying to build GNU Radio for my E100, including GRC. In the process, I've run into a few issues:

- We don't have wxPython in the opkg repository. This is needed to use flowgraphs in GRC, and although there is a text interface, the flowgraph interface would be ideal. I saw that somebody had actually managed to get flowgraphs in GRC on the E100, despite this. How would I go about doing that?

- After the ./configure step, I received the following (see appended) list of components that are going to be skipped. In the ./configure call, I disable volk, usrp2, usrp1, and gr-video-sdl. The list that is output is much longer, but is it correct? I haven't actually seen this documented anywhere.

- GRC still is not showing up as successfully configured. I've followed the steps listed here (http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/FAQ#How-can-I-build-UHD-and-GNU-Radio-from-source) and verified that I had all of the dependencies (excluding wxPython and xmlto) listed here (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/repository/revisions/master/entry/README). How do I fix this?

Thank you very much for your help.  Best,

Chris

Appendix:  Configuration Output

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

usrp2-firmware

These components will not be built.

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
gnuradio-core
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gnuradio-examples
gr-uhd
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

volk
gcell
usrp
usrp2
gr-usrp
gr-usrp2
gr-gcell
gr-comedi
gr-gpio
gr-radar-mono
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gr-sounder
gr-utils
grc

These components will not be built.

Configured GNU Radio release v3.4.0-3-g9bf36359 for build.