[Discuss-gnuradio] throttle for very low data rates

From: Brett L. Trotter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] throttle for very low data rates
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 13:27:50 -0500

I have a loop block that I wanted to run very slow (1Hz), and put a
throttle block set to rate 1. Unfortunately, it seems to tear through
the first 8-9k samples in a blink before it slows down. Is there an
alternative implementation of the throttle block that would work at very
slow speeds? Perhaps rather than memcopying the entire batch of samples
passed into the work function, it would loop copy and deal with rate and
sleeps during the loop? Obviously this wouldn't be optimal for fast rate
blocks, but what about creating a separate throttle optimized for slow
data rates?