Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] errors during gnuradio

From: sumitstop
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] errors during gnuradio
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 17:26:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Elvis, I was badly needing such step by step procedure after the script
by Marcus stopped working in my institute due to improper flushing of
cache.A whole lot of thanks !!
One more thing would like to mention.During configure of gnuradio we need to
set the path varible to microblaze/bin other wise the usrp firmware is not
build.

Elvis Dowson wrote:

> Hi,
>         Perhaps you haven't installed UHD properly. Here are the
> instructions for building it correctly on Ubuntu-11.04.
>
> Step 01.00: Download the UHD sources from the Ettus research git
> repository.
>
> $ mkdir ettus
> $ cd ettus
> $ git clone git://ettus.sourcerepo.com/ettus/uhd.git
>
> Step 01.01: Build the UHD driver.
>
> $ cd uhd/host
> $ mkdir build
> $ cd build
> $ ccmake ../
>
> This will bring up the text-based GUI configuration utility.
> Press g twice to accept defaults and generate the makefile
>
> $ make -j 6
> $ make test
> $ sudo make install
>
> Step 01.02: Modify your .bashrc file to ensure that libuhd.so is in your
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
>

> Step 02.00: Checkout the latest GNU Radio sources from the git repository.
>
> $ git clone http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git
>
> Step 02.01: Configure and build GNU Radio.
>
> $ cd gnuradio
> $ ./bootstrap
> $ ./configure
> $ make -j 6
> $ make check
> $ sudo make install
>
> To clean the GNU Radio build, type the following command:
>
> $ make distclean
>
> Step 02.02: Modify your .bashrc file and .gnomerc file to update the
> PYTHONPATH as follows:
>
> export
> PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH"
>

> Elvis Dowson

-----
Sumit Kr.
Research Assistant