Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending Patches

From: Vincent W
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending Patches
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 20:50:30 -0400

Tom Rondeau wrote:
> Vincent W <address@hidden wrote:
>     Alternatively, what is the preferred form of submitting patches? May I
> post a
>     patch file? Or would it be easier to set up a gitorious repo and have the
>     maintainers pull/merge from that?
>
> It depends on how many lines you change, really. A few simple lines of code
> can
> be easily captured in a patch. If you are working on multiple files and large
> numbers of changes, then a project on some git site is probably better. Where
> the lines cross is up to you.

At least initially, I wanted to make a couple of gnuradio-companion example
scripts and programs. I figured the best way to do this would be to include a
datafile, along with some scripts and sample programs. Afterwards (hopefully
within a week), I wanted to see what I could do with the sdl video stuff. I
think, for the time being, I'll create a gitorious repo for this.

> The SVN line in the description of the GNU Radio patch list was only because
> we
> had no updated it, yet. I just fixed it :)

Didn't mean to nit-pick; I didn't know if the alias was used by SVN or
something.