Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re g: Help in using GNU Radio software

From: sumitstop
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re g: Help in using GNU Radio software
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 15:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Shiva,
You can have any version of Ubuntu from 8.10 onwards.But I prefer 10.04 LTS.
After installing Ubuntu just run the following script and everything will be
done .i.e
installing of UHD as well as GnuRadio.

http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

after installing UHD and GnuRadio you may need GnuRadio companion which
creates a drag and drop type environment.
For that you can do sudo apt-get install gnuradio-companion.

Sai Shiva Kailaswar wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am sai shiva kailaswar, doing my Master's thesis using GNU Radio. As I
> am
> new to GNU Radio, I need some basic information. I presently use Windows
> 7.
> I want to install ubuntu in my laptop. Which versions of Ubuntu and GNU
> radio are good for using GNU Radio. Is Ubuntu 11.04 is good for GNU Radio.
>
> Any Help is Appreciated.
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> SAI SHIVA KAILASWAR