Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] solving u0u0 problems

From: Johannes Schmitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] solving u0u0 problems
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 19:42:21 +0200

Hi Marcus,

> Tom Rondeau, on the mailing list, is the guy to talk to about adding new
> blocks.  There is a correlator block already.
Ok, maybe I will contact Tom.
Which block do you mean exactly?
I am looking for a block that acts like xcorr() in matlab. There is no
such block.

> I refer to sample-rate matching.  For example, audio devices often run at a
> sample rate of 44.1Ksps, which is obviously
>  different than the sample rate you're using in your flow-graph.  So if your
> flow-graph ends up (for example) sending output
>  to an audio sink, the sample stream has to be decimated or interpolated to
> the rate of the audio sink.  Sometimes, people forget
>  this when using the audio sinks, and get into the types of trouble you're
> observing.
I am not doing something like this. We are working with USRP's.

By the way I was able to fix the initial problem using a cyclic cross
correlation function with power of 2 fft-size.