[Discuss-gnuradio] importError: no module named gr_module_name

From: abdullah unutmaz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] importError: no module named gr_module_name
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 00:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I am an under-graduation student , new to both Ubuntu and GNURadio , and I desined a signal processing block modifying
gr-my-blocks-template in computer in university , and imported it to GRC, and it works very well.

But when tried to do same thing , many times , in my PC though all the steps were ok till run-time all the blocks I added do not
perform and I have an error that says ".../top_block.py, line 13, no module, ImportError: no module named gr_module_name".
Then I installed all the packages about python2.6, but it does not work.

After my first design that still works, I upgraded Ubuntu , installed all the upgrades Ubuntu suggested. But after
that installation PC in university gives same error as one I get in my PC.  So, is the error about Ubuntu?

When I check the file in which generated modules are out using nautilus , I see that there MyModule file is generated instead of
gr_module_name , so  is there any sample video or a tutorial that shows all the steps by screen shots in which I can see the correct
modifications from initial file gr-my-blocks-template to gr-module-name?

By the way, I use Ubuntu 10.04 ( Lucid ) . And each time I followed the same way as I did in my first design that works.

Thanks,
Abdullah