[Discuss-gnuradio] PN code used in gr_pn_correlator_cc

From: Jim Simpson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PN code used in gr_pn_correlator_cc
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:03:15 -0400

Hi,

I am new to both gnuradio and spread spectrum. I know I'll eventually have to move to writing python, but I am trying to get something working in grc.

My question is about the PN Correlator block. I would like to generate some transmit data that is coded using the same reference pn codes used in the block for a given degree, mask, and seed.

What is the best way for me to go about doing that? Do these use the same maximum length codes that can be generated in matlab/simulink?

Also, is there a grc block that can spread my source data using the same reference PN code that the PN correlator block uses?

Thanks,
Jim

PS I did go through all the sample grc or python code in the digital folder and didn't find any that uses the gr_pn_correlator. If you know of any, can you point me to it? Thanks.