Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - July 19th 2011

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - July 19th 2011
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 23:45:42 -0700

> I understand that the FPGA and firmware images have to be updated, i.e. the
> newest images downloaded and "flashed" on the SD card in case of USRP2.
> However, since the source code is new too, should I rebuild and reinstall the
> UHD from the new source?

The host code and images must match. If you want to use the latest
images, you have to download and install the latest UHD host code as
well. http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki#Source-code

Or you can wait for binary installer packages (for the host code).

Or, if you are happy with everything as it is. Dont update at all :-)

-josh