Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Funcube Dongle source block for GNU Radio

From: Mike Jameson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Funcube Dongle source block for GNU Radio
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:50:57 +0100

Hi Alex,

Thanks for that, by changing to 'hidmac.c' it now compiles fine.

Unfortunately, I am now getting a segmentation fault wen I run your grc NBFM receiver :(

I'll have a deeper look when I get time.

Cheers,

Mike
M0MIK

On 21 July 2011 16:20, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Mike Jameson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for the fantastic job on gr-FCD, it works beautifully on Ubuntu 11.04
> x64.
>
> Now I am trying to get it to work on my Mac but have an issue with 'make'.
> Does the following error instantly ring any bells for you?

Hi Mike,

I only made it work on Linux, but only because lack of time and I
didn't have GNU Radio on Mac or windows.  The control code is the same
as in qthid and should therefore work on all platforms.

On linux gr-fcd uses libusb-1.0 but on Mac and Windows it is supposed
to use native IO libs.

To make it work on Mac, the lib/Makefile.am has to be updated to
compile hidmac.c instead of hid-libusb.c
The same on windows: should compile hidwin.c instead of hid-libusb.c
(note that all three use the same interface hidapi.h)

Also, the libusb dependency can be removed on Mac and windows. On the
other hand one needs to link to the corresponding native IO libs on
Mac and windows, see qthid.pro lines 48-50:
https://github.com/csete/qthid/blob/master/qthid.pro

Alex