Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to get source code for the stock FPGA binary

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to get source code for the stock FPGA binary
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:09:02 -0400

On 07/22/2011 04:57 PM, Leonard Marziliano wrote:
Hi,

I have a USRP2 rev3.01 and I want to modify the FPGA code for experimentation. However, I don't want to get the current FPGA code version (head version) because , if I'm not mistaken, it supports the new UHD interface which I don't use in my host application. So my questions are:

  1. Can I get the source code for the stock FPGA of the USRP2 version I have ? If yes, how ?
  2. If I can't get the stock FPGA source code, then is it possible for a USRP2 using the latest FPGA binary to work with a host who does not use the UHD interface ?
Thanks,
Leonard
--
Léonard Marziliano, Research Engineer

Communications Research Centre Canada (CRC)
3701 Carling, Ottawa, CANADA K2H 8S2
Tel: (613) 993-0578
Fax: (613) 990-0316
http://www.crc.gc.ca

Leonard:

I don't know if anyone else replied to you or not, but I *may* be able to get some older USRP2 FPGA code on one of my computers here,
  but it may take a couple of days.  It would be code that's a couple of years old at this point.

Also, you may be interested to know that my SBRAC project, noted below, is taking place at the Shirleys Bay campus, using the old
  Kennedy dish there.  The receiver is based on Gnu Radio and a USRP2 with a WBX daughtercard.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator