Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.15.4 on USRP N210

From: Markus Becker
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.15.4 on USRP N210
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:14:03 +0200

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am very fresh in the field of SDRs and encounter some problems in
> the implementation. But some basic information first.
>
> I am trying to communicate between gnuradio (USRP) and 802.15.4 sensor
> nodes, as it has been done before (see Thomas Schmid @ UCLA). Because
> the hardware has evolved since then, I am using USRP N210s as the
> interface to the computer. The N210s are equipped with XCVR2450
> daugtherboards. I am using basically the ucla_zigbee_phy
> implementation and found an existing adaptation to the UHD driver
> online (Master Thesis by Kresimir Dabcevic).

Based on that 802.15.4 code, which we ported to the USRP2 (before UHD,
though), we implemented a system which runs TinyOS based on the SDR.

Some information can be found in
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sfb637.uni-
bremen.de%2Fpubdb%2Frepository%2FSFB637-T4-10-003-IC.pdf&ei=4CcxTpSKFceG-
wai-4yNDQ&usg=AFQjCNERfc8DNbtjLhJDg7I3P1SMS5ZdcA&sig2=5O_BjZgR6lbD5F6AjP7kdA

and

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCQQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.millennium.berkeley.edu%2Fpipermail%2Ftinyos-
devel%2F2009-May%2F003851.html&ei=4CcxTpSKFceG-
wai-4yNDQ&usg=AFQjCNE0nUyB6KBcAJK1-UXrpZyLZu5fVQ&sig2=1guCm0r6UCCtCn1VYCxTBA

With that, we could make a 'simulated'/'emulated' TinyOS on USRP2 talk to
TelosB nodes.

The code hasn't been updated to recent GNUradio, though.

Markus