[Discuss-gnuradio] RX and TX stuff

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RX and TX stuff
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 23:09:57 +0300

Hi All,

I've been following closely the OFDM- and related TX/RX issues.

If you TX sumthing, build/buy an (directive) antenna for your target frequency and point it at the RX usrp. I suggest a Yagi, helix or a parabola for TX:ing, cost ~$10 at your frequency. Apply to RX the same.
Using a whip is trouble if you do not know....

An antenna sure can be *omni* to detect the signal, to demodulate it perfectly is another thing.

Example: TX is a RHCP (right hand circular polarized) signal.
RX it with a VP (vertical polarized) antenna, it wont demodulate properly.

A user receiving 137 MHz RHCP satellite data posted *his ultimate antenna* image
http://www.poes-weather.com/~patrik/tmp/RHCP-137.jpg

It aint that complicated, trial and error does it.

Regards,
Patrik