Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cmake build

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cmake build
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:24:03 -0700

Just tested the cmake install on OS X 10.5.8, XCode 3.1.4, Homebrew
for dependencies.  Homebrew is not quite up to scratch for the
dependencies since it's missing pyqwk and pygtk, and qt is there but
the install script failed for me.  Anyway there's enough working for
gnuradio-core to install but not gnuradio-companion.

The problem I'm running into appears to be caused by the installed
version of python being 2.5.  Cmake requests a version of 2.5 or later
so it should be okay, however I get the following error.

Serf:gnuradio-build ben$ make
[  0%] Generating ../include/volk/volk.h, volk.c, volk_init.h,
../include/volk/volk_typedefs.h, ../include/volk/volk_cpu.h,
volk_cpu.c, ../include/volk/volk_config_fixed.h,
volk_environment_init.c, volk_environment_init.h, volk_machines.h,
volk_machines.c, volk_machine_generic.c, volk_machine_sse2_only.c,
volk_machine_sse2_32.c, volk_machine_sse3_32.c,
volk_machine_ssse3_32.c
Unknown option: -B
usage:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
[option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
Try `python -h' for more information.
make[2]: *** [volk/include/volk/volk.h] Error 2
make[1]: *** [volk/lib/CMakeFiles/volk.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

A google suggests that the -B option for python was added in 2.6.
I'll install a newer version of python and see if I have more luck.

Cheers,
Ben