Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_sub_ff.cc

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_sub_ff.cc
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:23:24 -0400

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:22 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I saw the file "gr_sub_ff.cc"

Does anyone have an idea what this block does?

It subtracts streams from each other. Say there are three sources (src0, src1, src2) that are gr.sig_source_f(...):

self.connect(src1, (sub,0))
self.connect(src1, (sub,1))
self.connect(src1, (sub,2))

The output of sub would be:
src0 - src1 - src2

You can also use this block to invert a singe stream. If you just had self.connect(src1, (sub,0)), the output would be -src1.

Also, if anyone know where I can find documentations explaining different gnu-blocks in more detail (than the source code only), that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Have a great day,

The in-source documentation generates Doxygen documents that can be found here:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/index.html

This really is one of the best ways to handle documentation of each block, since the documentation is coupled with the blocks themselves and can be updated with any changes to the source. We do need some help to better document more blocks and more details in others.

Tom