Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] searched the mail list but nothing w orks: audio_

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] searched the mail list but nothing w orks: audio_alsa_sink[hw:0]: Device or res ource busy
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:45:58 +0200

Am 2011-09-16 03:26, schrieb king baaaase:
> Thanks, alex.
>
> I don't know what does "access the ALSA interface with any other audio
> application?" mean.
> I could run alsamixer and I could listen mp3 using Totem Movie Player on
> Ubuntu.
> So?

Ubuntu usually has Pulse Audio running, which claims and manages the
alsa devices. Try default:0 or pulse:0 as device, this is exposed by
Pulse Audio as ALSA interface.

BTW: If you have problems hearing something, check with alsamixer if all
channels are unmuted. Press "s" in alsmixer to select your sound
interface. Pulse Audio messes with the ALSA devices and sometimes leaves
some channel in a non-favourable state.

Regards

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>