Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GnuRadio Commands inside GRC

From: adeel anwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GnuRadio Commands inside GRC
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:50:06 +0500

U mentioned about filter-design but calling those python functions only generates/loads input parameter when execution
of flow graph starts (coefficients for filters).
I am asking about the possibility to use these function for processing or any block in GRC that supports code writing?
Both Simulink and Labview have such blocks for code

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 09/22/2011 09:05 PM, adeel anwar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simulink have a block named "Matlab Function", in which user can write
> Matlab code and use it just like other simulink blocks,so does GRC have a
> smilar block which supports gnuradio commands/function (for which GRC blocks
> are not yet written ) or is such block planned in the future?

Well, there is no mscript, its all python.

You can call *any* python function from a parameter in GRC. Example
using the gr.firdes filter design functions:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Filter-Design

If you want to make a custom block, you can do that in python or C++,
but there is not support to design that from inside the gui.

-Josh

Sent from my toaster