[Discuss-gnuradio] New block: Segfault thrown when calling self.connect

From: Sebastian Götte
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] New block: Segfault thrown when calling self.connect
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:09:03 +0200

Hello,
I wrote a GNU Radio block using the template from here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Basic_block
which shall eventually become a source module providing access to a
low-speed electroencephalographic capture board I designed and built, in
order to "abuse" the GNU Radio framework for that kind of data analysis.
This is the test program I tried to run (generated with grc, modified by
hand):
https://github.com/jaseg/openmind-viewer/blob/master/apps/top_block.py
On each run the program throws a segfault in the second connect call on
line 55:
  self.connect((self.openmind_buspirate_source_0, 0),
(self.gr_interleaved_short_to_complex_0, 0))
When I follow the segfault using gdb or pdb I end up somewhere in the
gnuradio internals.
I have no idea what causes this segfault and would be glad for any hints.
The source files of the rest of the block are to be found here (I do not
know which are actually relevant to this question):
https://github.com/jaseg/openmind-viewer
Thanks in advance (hoping that I provided enough information)